Sunday, December 28, 2008

Oh Inconsistent Me

(The highest point in Cadiz)

(El Puerto de Santa Maria Beach)

(Cathedral/Highest point in Cadiz... Big bell)

(Inside the Cadiz Cathedral looking out)

(Looking down on the city of Cadiz... Look at the colorful roof tops... one in the distance is painted cow print... can you find it? It will be like our own little game of 'Where's Waldo?' Everyone loves Waldo!)


Hello All! It has been a while since I have written and the consistency of my blog postings is becoming less and less, well, consistent. Perhaps due to the fact that my life style is currently inconsistent, left open with lots of uncertainty. It is definitely an unusual feeling to not know what the next week brings. When I’m at home or at school it is really easy to foresee what the following weeks will bring but here all I know is that on January 5th I will be back in Barcelona and I will be on the prowl for a job. Prowl is not an understatement. I have been sending out my CV (resume) to many schools and job ads that are posted online. I have also been posting my own personal ads for private English lessons however; right there next to my ads are all of the other teachers in Barcelona. It is a hunt, it’s like we are all in this big concrete jungle and we are all searching for the same prey… English students!! English students beware but please, for the sake of myself and my fellow teachers… show yourselves graciously! We need your business! So this is, at the least, what I have to look forward to in the following weeks… finding a job… any job really!!! So in the words of Aretha Franklin, “Say a little prayer for me!”

In the more current future, I leave tomorrow for Germany or as referred to by the Spaniards, Alemania. Sydney and I will leave from Jerez, Spain at 8:30 in the morning arriving in Barcelona at 10:00 am. From there we will wait patiently in the airport for 6 hours until our connecting flight arrives at 16:10 (4:10) to take us to Frankfurt, Germany. Once we arrive in Frankfurt at 18:30 (6:30) we will have about an hour to get our stuff and get to our connecting train that will take us to our final destination, Stuttgart Germany. The train ride will take about an hour and a half. Once we reach the train station in Stuttgart at 10:00 pm my friend Brandon will be there to meet us and show us to his place where we will be staying. Brandon and I have grown up together and gone to school together since 4th grade!! I am really excited to catch up with him and see how life has been. We will spend a few days with him and then hopefully head over to Munich for the weekend. We plan on stopping at a couple concentration camps in Dachau, which is a city along the way to Munich.

Well I know it isn’t much but that is all I have to write about now. When life starts kicking up speed I will certainly be writing more. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and enjoy the New Year!!!

Mmwah!

1 comment:

Leslie Hunt said...

Well it sounds like you're having fun with not knowing what the future holds and I think it's great! Why not just go to a new country b/c u feel like it and can! You look beautiful in your pics by the way. I like the pic of the colorful roof tops, who would of thought that cow print would even be an option?