Thursday, December 4, 2008

Who Sells Pigeons... Better Yet, Who Buys Them?

(My lovey accordion binder!)

Sorry it has been so long since I have written. Life has been semi crazy. I have been lucky to catch a few of your online from time to time, which has been really nice! Thanks! Here is the short break down of my current and crazy life. :)

School:
So I have five more days remaining in my EuroTEFL course.... thank goodness! I love the time spent with my teachers and classmates but I will not miss all the crapy grammar and unexciting lesson planning. I have found that teaching is a much structured profession or at least in the sense of teaching English. Today we received yet more grammar information... all which will be on our Exam Tuesday! Everyday we get about 3 hours of new information that we are required to obtain and regurgitate on this final Exam Tuesday... blah! So 36 hours of knowledge that will need to be studied this weekend along with, one lesson to plan for Tuesday, my completed CV (resume) by Monday and My learner profile (thorough analysis of my "learner," Rudy and his understanding of the English language) completed by Wednesday, I will also need to plan a lesson for Rudy tonight or tomorrow in order to give him a private lesson this weekend, along with the task of organizing all of my lessons creating a teacher profile (for jobs but also an assignment) and finally I will complete my course with a lesson on the last day of class, Thursday the 11th, which I will also plan in the midst of this next week. Whew... now that that is over....

Personal:
I am moving out of my flat on the 15th because that is when my contract is up. I will be flying to Sevilla Spain on the 14th where I will meet up with my friend Sydney from K-State. Sydney is currently working as an English teacher in a little town outside of Sevilla. I will live with her for a week while she finishes up her semester on the 19th. From there we will fly out of Sevilla for the holidays with anticipated travel to Germany, Prague, Amsterdam and lastly, Pairs. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to us!!! Luckily we have friends in 3 of the 4 locations we are traveling to so we wont have to spend much on room and board. From this point Sydney begins school again on Jan. 9th... for myself I am not certain of my plans. I may look into becoming a figure model, I may become a street performer or hey, there are a ton of dogs in Europe... perhaps I'll cosy up to a pup on the street and call it my own. Yeah probably not but stay tuned because it is true I don't know what's next. My classmate Stacey and I may share a room for a month at our friend Roberts place but as of now that's what I've got for you.

Anyway, I would love to write more and I apologise for the lack of creativity and the straight forward structure of this post but sometimes life screams order and basic organization... ahhhhhh! Cha right, that would be like calling life grammar and trust me life is not grammar! I will bring you more excitement from Barcelona hopefully in the next couple of days.

Just as the pigeons being sold in cages here should be... Out!
(and yea... that is a true statement... crazy ass people trying to make a buck)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow i am tired just after reading this. I am happy to hear that Sydney and you are going to be traveling buddies. It sounds like completing your program will be a huge accomplishment. Whatever you end up doing to earn money while you are over there will be an exciting new story to share for the rest of your life.

Leslie Hunt said...

So, you sound like you're bored over there! I can't believe all the stuff you had to learn in a months time I give you props for doing it. I know you posted this blog awhile ago but I have been so busy with finals last week and this week that I have been a bad commenter.(Is commenter a word I don't know you're the one teaching grammar)Anyways your plans for the holidays sound fabulous, I can't believe you get to go to Amsterdam and Paris those are 2 of my wish list vacations spots. I hope you have a blast and take tons of pictures to post. Also the mom in me urges you to be very careful. I love you nattles.